#0 Just a snapshot of me!



    

                Hello new cyber friends!  

    My name is Jennifer Murphy and I am an always on the move, goal oriented, wife and mom with a touch of OCD.  Sometimes I am moving in so many directions that it often feels as if I must be multiple people in order to accomplish all of life's to dos.  It might sound a little crazy but I truly love having lists and when a project is completed the feeling of marking it as done is truly quite satisfying.  
    
    I have been married to my high school sweetheart, Jason, for 17 years.  We moved from Eureka, CA in 2003 to Phoenix, AZ to attend college and pursue a better future.  The goal was never to stay in Phoenix but we ended up loving the weather and outdoor adventures to much that we decided to call it home.  We now have a 16-year old daughter that will be heading off to college herself in just a couple of years.  I don't feel old enough to have an about to be driving child.  It feels surreal that she is almost an adult but I am so proud of the young woman she is becoming.  

    Currently, I work as a Respiratory Therapist, but I decided to head on back to school to work towards my BSN.  I am looking forward to furthering my knowledge and skills by becoming a nurse in the hopes of eventually achieving my LPN.  I love working with people but dream of getting out of the hospital in order to care for others in a more relaxed environment.  Once Covid-19 hit the US it really pushed me to get going and make the change. Life is way too stressful at work over this past year and the amount of work is taking over my life on top of draining me emotionally and mentally.  

    When I do actually get time off to go find my peace and recharge, my go to activity in sitting on the lake in my kayak spending the day fishing with my husband.  I love being able to glide across the water and getting into all the little pockets that the boats can't access.  Being in nature is very calming but I also crave the thrill of getting a bite and the end of my line and reeling in my unknown catch.  I am hoping to be able to complete the Trout Challenge over the next year as well which will require some hiking and overnight camping across the state.  So funny that I hated camping and fishing as a kid and now I daydream of it!




    Sometimes getting to the lake isn't an option though and that's when I spend my free time in my craft/sewing room working on a new quilt or outside in the yard gardening.  Whatever I do at home it is always surrounded by my sidekicks.  We have 2 dogs, 2 cats, a desert tortoise, and my daughter's ferret.  Of all the pets though I have a bit of favoritism to my "son" Dex.  He is a goofy Pointer/Coonhound mix that I rescued as a puppy.  He is always full of fun in which I refer to as his "Zest for Life!".   Wherever I am he is sure to be within a few feet away at all times.  


    Really other than school, work, or hobbies I just crave the time I get with my family making memories.  Whether we are cooking together, watching scary movies, or working on a project it's the time together connecting that means the most.  Since all of us are always going in a million directions I truly appreciate getting a moment together laughing and sharing stories.  If I won the lottery today and had the option the first thing I would do would be to book a long vacation exploring all the places on the wish list.  Oh the places to go and things to see!  Plus, the foodie in me wants to try the cuisine from EVERYWHERE!!!



Comments

  1. Hi Jennifer,
    I enjoyed your blog, the images were awesome and the content of your story was detailed and I feel like I know you from the blog.

    Great job! It appears like you are a pro at writing blogs and have been doing it for a long time.
    I can't wait to read your next blog!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

#4 Final Score: Lemon Marmalade 0, Me 1

#9 Fueling Up The Right Way

#5 No Thank You Mr. Raccoon