#10 Bring on the Heat!

 


    Spring is quickly coming to an end for those of us living in the Sonoran Desert of Arizona. That means switching from months of beautiful days beginning with blissful, crisp, dewdrop mornings to searing temperatures that leave you feeling like you have been broiled for hours in the oven. Although the blistering heat has its advantages, such as perfect pool temperatures, impeccable nighttime festivities, and rejuvenating days on the lake, it can become quite overwhelming when the summer drones on without a break from the fire. 





    

Even though we may be lathered in sticky, smelly perspiration for weeks on end, the summer also brings one of the most magical events I have ever witnessed. 





    The sky explodes as burning arrows jet across the horizon, demolishing everything they contact. 

    A low rumble begins in the distance, followed by the deafening crack of the whip exclaiming the lightning's dominance of the earth. 
 



        

Monsoon                 Season… 
             

    A blissful pause in the never-ending summer to satiate the grounds severe thirst for hydration.  

    
    Witnessing the miracle of exuberant choreography within the biosphere is bewitching. When my family is fortunate enough to be home during Arizona’s “Perfect Storm”, we enjoy hiding under the covered porch front row for the Oscar-worthy performance. 
 
    The monsoon season is from June through September, and thankfully after last year's arid performance, a recent report from the National Weather Service predicts an above-average rainfall in 2021. So, grab a comfy chair, stock up on your favorite drink to sip, and enjoy the show. Miracles may not come every day, but you won't want to miss a single second when the event arises.



Remember, even though the storms are awe-inspiring, 

                                            BE SAFE!!!
    

Never drive down a wash, enter water, or hike down a ravine or canyon due to high probability of flash floods!

Always keep an emergency kit in your vehicle and home.

Take Cover!  Stay indoors or at least under protective cover.  Lightning can and will strike anywhere at any time!

Comments

  1. Hey Jennifer!
    I really enjoyed reading this entry! It was bright and fun and definitely intriguing! I was delighted to learn that we are expected to have an above average rain fall this year because I too was very disappointed in the "Monsoon Season" we had in 2020. BRING ON THE RAIN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jennifer,
    I enjoyed reading your blog. As always we should be aware of the weather around us. I enjoyed how you wrote this blog. Good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,

    I really enjoyed this informational blog of yours. It really preps all of us valley people to be aware of the upcoming season and everything that comes with it. I like the organization of the blog and the different topics you discuss. The images you use are very important to the blog because it gives the readers something to visualize.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello,
    This has been my favorite blog entry read as of now. I love monsoon season because I really love the rain. It brings me peace and happiness. Your blog was very amusing to look at and made me miss the rain even more. I hope this coming season we get much more rain than we did last year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jennifer, I couldn't help but read this in a upbeat voice in my head, because this was honestly really interesting to read. The different fonts and the images were all factors that made your blog post all the more intriguing. It's also nice to see someone who's as excited about monsoon season as I am. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing so much valuable information on this blog! I really enjoyed reading this one. I absolutely love monsoon season and the rain, and it reminds me of how there is much more to Arizona other than just a dry desert with a giant canyon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jennifer--Your blog has been an absolute joy and pleasure to read. Informative, descriptive, smart, relatable, personable, honest, authentic, clean, lovely. Your writing is engaging and you clearly understand rhetoric, which is great. Excellent work here with these new entries, and the blog project overall. I strongly encourage you to keep blogging! And please, if you do, send me the link so I can check it out! Thanks for the excellent work and for providing entries many of us looked forward to reading!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

#4 Final Score: Lemon Marmalade 0, Me 1

#9 Fueling Up The Right Way

#5 No Thank You Mr. Raccoon